Old 03-22-10, 02:26 PM
woodway
Squeaky Wheel

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 50 Posts
To the four idiots on the Sammamish River Trail Friday evening

Maybe you are reading this, maybe you are not. But to the four idiots who were pacelining on the Sammamish River Trail friday evening around 5:30PM heading south just past Red Hook - what the hell were you guys thinking?

It was a friday evening, the sun was out and the temperature was over 60 degrees - did you not think that the trail would be crowded with walkers, runners, bladers, baby joggers and kids on bikes?

I could not catch the name/logos on your matching team kit you were blasting down the trail so fast. With that tailwind behind you, I would guess you were going somewhere between 25-30MPH. I only got a quick glimpse of you as you came around the corner and cut between a jogger and the family on bicycles at full throttle.

If you want to practice your pacelining, that's fine, but head out into the Snohomish River Valley to do it on a friday night. Your giving the rest of us a bad name.

Sorry for the rant. Meant to post it over the weekend, but I was still thinking about it today and figured better late than never.