View Single Post
Old 03-24-10, 12:30 PM
SouthernGirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Rack Woes

After much deliberation and inner debate, I decided I just couldn't justify spending the money right now to have a hitch receiver installed on my car and then buying a rack that costs way more than a trunk mount.

Of course, there were concerns for my car's paint job with a trunk mount. But, I decided if I make sure the contact points of the car and rack are really clean, maybe all would be well.

So, I recently purchased the Saris bones 3 bike rack so I could carry my bike and my two sons' bikes a little distance away to a nice place to ride.

Today I'm ready to load them up and yep, you guessed it, their bikes won't fit. *sigh*

It was something I was concerned about, but not being the most spatially gifted person, thought maybe with a little effort it would fit. But NEITHER of them will. Oh, mine works like a champ. LBS said there may be a bar we could use to get them to fit. The bars I'm guessing for a step through frame I've read about. My problem is, will their frames be too small and will there be room on their bikes for this? as they're not step through frames, just smaller MTN-type bikes.

Anyone know of a solutions other than my having paid money for this rack and still having to end up using my husband's monstrous truck when I want to take my boys for a ride?