Old 03-25-10, 12:17 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 755 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by run4urlife
I've heard multiple times to not make my trip "conditional on finding companions." I'm with you on that one, but the thing is, my parents won't let me go unless I have someone to go with. Lame, I know, but to an extent I agree. I'm only 20 and it's my first touring trip. This won't be my first adventure, so I'll definitely have more opportunities to go alone.
As you said elsewhere in this thread, doing your own route will probably make it harder to find companions unless you have friends or family that you can convince to go. I hope you can work this out.

I say Trans America, because trans = across, and America = America. I'm going across America.
Expect folks to assume you mean the ACA TransAmerica route if you say TransAmerica.

Reasons for not following the actual TA: When I get out of school on May 10th, I'm going on a beach retreat with my campus ministry - the Wesley Foundation - to Garden City Beaches, SC (Myrtle Beach) until the 14th. Driving to a starting point isn't within my preferred degree of convenience or budget, and I'll already be at a coast. Also, I have family in Huntsville, Alabama that I'd like to visit for a few days. Then, I have places to go in Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and my end location is in San Diego, to meet the Mexican side of my family I've never met.
All good reasons, but again it does make it tougher to find companions. Maybe you can find someone to join you, but ultimately something will probably have to give. You will likely either need to rethink the route or convince your parents that going alone is a good option.