Old 03-25-10, 03:48 PM
al gordon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nancy sv
trying to maintain the pace you would need to make those miles I think would be next to impossible. It just seems like you are planning too short of time in too many places. Is there a reason you need to do all that on this trip?
Thanks Nancy. We're not planning to cycle the whole lot! Most of the miles will be on the train, and we would probably be doing around 30 miles a day when we're cycling.

Your website is insprirational by the way! We're not quite ready to stop work and start home schooling as you have (is that the right term for a nomadic family?!), hence the 3 month time frame is a fix. We're starting in Shanghai so we can visit Kate's sister (and we've bought the tickets). I really like the idea of coming home over land rather then flying, and crazy as it may sound the big train journey with the kids is really appealing.

Given how ambitious and experienced you guys must be, I'm taking your comments pretty seriously though. Getting the bikes on the trains worries me, but I'd be loathed to leave the bikes at home. More research required I think. Less stops may be the answer.