Thread: Mud
View Single Post
Old 04-12-05, 12:52 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gregseto
The mud where I live is a sort of clay. It feels like mud, it looks like mud, but it doesn't free itself from the fork arch, brakes, tires, etc. If I do go through it and its deep enough, I have to dismount and pull off chunks to be able to make any forward progress.

Another thing is it is very slippery. I was riding yesterday and had to be extremely careful because the patches of mud are hard to see 3-4 days after a rain. Careful means riding straight, because it your front wheel is turned at all when you're going 25mph and hit a patch of this stuff, you hit the ground sliding. Bad times.

Long story short, if its deeper than the tires, I walk it.

Yeah, we've got a lot of stuff like that. Barely adjust your steering and you're fighting to stay upright. Good times if you keep from goin' down.