View Single Post
Old 03-27-10, 10:21 AM
SaiKaiTai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I'll get to ride today!

March is such a crazy month. Mrs S and I have our own version of March Madness. It's our own personal thing; I could explain it sometime but I don't think anyone would really care. But, anyway, that's over now as of last Saturday. The weather's been nice, Daylight Saving Time has started and I've been chomping at the bit to get rolling again this week. Then, last Sunday night, I decided to get some stupid flu or another. Riding as an asthmatic presents its own little set of challenges but it's a whole 'nother ball of wax where illness is concerned. As my allergist explained, an asthmatic lives life a bit on edge -in terms of inflamation- and any rspiratory bug can just knock off from that edge toot sweet. Every airspace in my head swelled up like a melon. I dropped 6 pounds in a week doing nothing (including eating)... probably all the muscle I built up when I started doing my mini hill repeats a couple of weeks ago. Well, now, after visiting my doctor yesterday, I'm a walking drug interaction warning and I am finally feeling pretty good. I want to ride! Think I'll go out today and do some light miles and try to get my legs back under me. Being sick sucks