View Single Post
Old 03-27-10, 04:23 PM
Whiteknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lhbernhardt
I really don't think a cycling obsession could ever reach an unhealthy level.

Anyway, not many serious answers; I guess this isn't an issue for most of those on this list, who very likely never ride in freezing weather (3 deg C or lower), as I'm not getting a great deal of compassion here, and it's clear no one has ever tried these pads. I imagine there would be a stigma - particularly in this group - about wearing "adult diapers." But I am serious about this. I guess the topic is such that those with experience in this area would not divulge it, so perhaps it was not prudent to bring this up in the first place. I just thought it was a clever idea.

OK, sorry I asked!

Luis
In a way you are not alone.

Over the winter I had to make more frequent rest room stops on the MUP.
On the way to the trail we always stop at a Wawa. The wife gets a small cup of tea. If I drink a 20 ounce coffee on the way to the trail I must hit the rest room as soon as I start to unload the bikes. If I drink a 20 ounce cup of hot chocolate I do not need the rest room as quickly nor as frequently as with the coffee.

This past Winter I did try decaf several times. Which worked out as well as with the hot chocolate.

Caffeine acts as a diuretic and elevates the rate of urination. Different people have different levels of tolerance for it and the tolerance may change in an individual with age.