Old 04-12-05, 02:37 PM
alison_in_oh
Focus on the future

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheebahmunkey
well since I haven't been able to ride (school) since January all I do is treadmill and weights. When the guy who conducted the "test" asked me about my lifestyle he said I was actually at "Moderately Active" if not in between that and sedentary. It still doesn't add up though. 1680 + 380 (half an hour on treadmill) + 120 (maybe?) for half an hour of weights = 2180 and that's just from RMR and one hour of exercise. I think he did my lifestyle description wrong.
Try not to get too worked up about it. Are you having trouble maintaining your weight now? Who is this guy who tested you?

FYI cptips.com has some great energy expenditure equations. If you're 155 lbs. and 17% bodyfat, that site would say your BMR is about 1790. Then you add activities (~700 cal for a job where you drive to work, sit all day, drive home) and exercise. Then tack on a further 10% for thermic effect (energy needed for digestion, etc.)

I say eat healthy food in moderation and if you find yourself gaining pudge and not muscle, increase your activity and try to find the weakest points in your diet (perhaps situations or times of day when you hit the ice cream or the candy jar? Daily trips to McDonald's that could be replaced with healthier, cheaper food from home?) You shouldn't find it too difficult to maintain.