View Single Post
Old 03-28-10, 10:11 AM
Max-4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
What Size Rocky Mountain Metro 50-D?

I am in love with the Rocky Mountain Metro 50-D Hybrid Bike from a Canadian company in BC. I am looking for a bike to be able to ride about 75% road and 25% gravel trails with. This bike does not have any front suspension which I like and seems to be pretty well equipped for the money. It has 700C size wheels and a suspension seat post and an adjustable handle bar stem. Looks like it will be a real nice bike for riding around town or exploring some nice hidden paths.

Problem is both my local dealers dont have any in stock and they will have to order one in. Now it comes in either a 20" or 22" frame measured from the center crank to the top of the seat post stem. I am about 6'2" and weigh 216lbs and I have an inseam of 33.4".

The 20" frame comes with 808mm of standover height and the 22" frame comes with 841mm of standover. For my height and inseam length which bike would I be better suited with. With a ridgid front fork, fast commuter style bike like this how big are they supposed to fit on you? I am a pretty experienced cyclist and can handle a bike, I just wasnt sure how an all around hybrid is supposed to fit.

Bike im looking at:
http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+...ID=3&SCATID=28