View Single Post
Old 03-28-10, 12:22 PM
thebulls

Bikes: SOMA Grand Randonneur, Gunnar Sport converted to 650B, Rivendell Rambouillet, '82 Trek 728, '84 Trek 610, '85 Trek 500, C'Dale F600, Burley Duet, Lotus Legend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about the leg cramps. I find that Endurolytes always make the cramps go away. I know there are umpteen theories of cramps, including dehydration, undernutrition, cold/hot, undertraining, etc. Regardless, the Endurolytes have been a hundred percent effective in eliminating cramps, for me.

We rode the Urbana 200Km, which was also cold and somewhat windy all day. This year, the route was reversed from last year, so the first 11 miles is easy until you get to an extended 15 percent grade up MarLu Ridge. Unterhausen, that terrain that had you hurting so badly at the start of the ride last year, was all at the end this year -- so the final 50 miles from Smithsburg over Catoctin, out to Union Bridge, and then down to Thurmont was just one grind-it-out-in-the-granny gear climb after another. We gotta get ourselves an easier, less tandem-antagonistic "first 200Km of the year" ride! (I put it in quotes, because with a 200Km club ride nearly every month, there isn't really a "first of the year" anymore.)

Best,

Nick