pwdeegan
smitten by саша

Bikes: Salsa La Cruz with Rohloff; mutt parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
a note to the right-hooking BMW at 18th and Hilyard, 3/31/10

To the solo driver of the white 3xx-series BMW with standard OR plates that right-hooked the young woman on her bike this morning, 9:50am at the NE corner of Hilyard and 18th in Eugene, and then speed away in a hurry (hit and run), i want you to know a few things:

1) the woman, though shaken, is Ok---though no thanks to you. She had the right of way, whereas you just sped away like the s***face that you are.
2) her bike only suffered a bent FD hanger, but it can be bent back (old bike, heavy duty FD).

I hope karma slaps you around like a wet sock puppet in dog's mouth before leaving you in the middle of the road, just like you left the biker.

I gave her a ride in our car to her appointment (put her bike in the bike rack atop the car), borrowed some of my daughter's baby wipes to clean her hands, and commiserated and offered sympathy. She is a tough young lady, not to mention lucky. My wife witnessed the whole event unfold (i was focused on lots of traffic and only saw it in my periphery), though we were both focused on the biker's post-right-hook safety (as she was left in the middle of the road amidst said busy traffic), too much so that i failed to memorize your license plate number. I'll leave it to a hoped-for cosmic justice it sort out the imbalance.