Old 04-01-10, 01:17 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by dlester
Those who have crashed, and those that will.
I wish that were true, because then I'd be in the former and not the latter category, and not have to worry about any more crashes in the future.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I know from experience that they hurt. A lot. For a long time. I'm glad to hear you'll enjoy a full recovery, and it's also heartening to know that you aren't giving cycling up because of it. I thought I'd never bike again after a few of my crashes, but I don't seem to have much choice ... I just want to be cycling.

I'll give you slightly different advice from everyone else. Talk to some lawyers - do the free consultation thing. But think about not hiring one immediately. If the company agrees to pay for a new bike and your attorney takes 33 % of that, you're out your replacement bike. The company should cover all of your medical expenses, and again, you shouldn't have to cover the lawyer's share of that yourself. So, if several attorneys all agree on what to expect, in general, and the company wants to be forthright about things, you might be better off settling things on your own. It's not likely, but it sounds like things have been going encouragingly so far, so it's worth thinking about.