WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Finally fixed my shifting issues

I can't believe it took this many rides. Here is the scenario. Everything apparently dialed in with Shimano Dura-Ace drive train (exception is the FSA tandem crankset) It would shift perfect in the stand. On the road only one chainring would have perfect rear shifts and after about 10 miles the shifting was off enough to be annoying. Unfortunately I made several changes at once so I can't for sure say what the real cause was but my suspicion was this:

Once I yanked those out the cable seemed to tighten up better and was certainly more responsive than before. I could actually see the Rocket Adjuster compress and decompress on slow shifts. I still left the front on, as there are no adjusters for the front derailleur.

As I said, I cannot be 100% sure as I also replaced the cable (which only had a few hundred miles of use) and the rear cassette from an 11-28 SRAM Powerdome to an Ultegra 6600 12-27. It runs quieter as a result of the cassette change and it shifts perfect in every gear in all chainrings.

Now if only Shimano would trickle down Di2 to Ultegra and/or make a triple version!

I am also curious if anyone else has had issues or not with Jagwire Rocket Adjusters (also available rebranded by Ritchey).