View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 05:11 PM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onegun
Homeyba, you're a RAAM competitor. Your stoker was a mega-century rider. Look at the OP's comments about themselves: "captain is mid '50's, in good physical shape but not some Cat 4 racer, and stoker, well, I'm enthusiastic". What's that tell you?

Besides, I said it COULD be done. But they DO need to get busy! The bike is not the ONLY thing that needs to get "dialed in", but I figured they'd discover that for themselves...
I've done RAAM yes but as I said, I'm a relative infant in regards to tandem experience. Probably the only thing that the RAAM experience imparts that made the tandem experience better is that during a RAAM you have to be very flexible, you need to be able to adjust to things on the fly. You are not only dealing with your own needs but the needs of your stoker. If you are too set in your ways you will fail.

I didn't mean to dis-agree with you (sorry if it came across that way), I would agree that the OP needs to get busy. I was just trying emphasize that it can be done on the fly with decent results.