WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Oosbahnd&Weefay
TG, we're actually totally unloading it and 'idling' (not t be confused with coasting) during shifts. We're tweaking things, but the problem WAS the jagwire rocket. It failed and collapsed on itself internally. This, coupled with the stretching of new cables, and a (very) slightly off line front derailer led to pulling the cable out of the cable splitter on our 50 mile ride today. The whole thing was a mess, but it's better now, having put on another adjuster my shop had on hand. Not perfect, but we're figuring it out. It is very interesting how different the rear derailer acts loaded (I don't mean pedaling load) and unloaded.

Now to figure out how to make the SLK seats on the supremo ride-able. talk about NO padding. I have no clue how some weight weenies ride the carbon fiber sheet seats. Weefay may have to go back to a more comfortable seat we got her for the single. (Why does ANY manufacturer sell women's bikes with men's saddles (of course appropriately labeled as women's saddles))
In my limited experience with triples it seems to me that they are more susceptible to poor shifting if they are not set up as precisely as possible. That means as close to the chainring as possible in the vertical plane. On plane with the chainrings in the horizontal plane and with enough throw in the cable/shifter to ever so slightly overshift when moving to the large chainring. In our troubleshooting most of our issues stemmed from not having the cage exactly parallel to the chainrings. Also note that some rings just shift better than others. I do not particularly care for the FSA rings on out current crank and will eventually swap them for either DA or Ultegra triple rings when I get sick enough of the less than stellar performance.

As far as saddles go, more miles, more miles, more miles. As long as the sit bones are actually on the saddle and it isn't too wide just ride more miles. I am a big proponent of the Ass-O-Meter (I know it has a real name) that Specialized dealers use to find the proper saddle width.