Old 04-13-05, 01:17 PM
Ohio Trekker
Passing!

Bikes: Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Our bikes have Trek Interchange racks on them, with an Interchange bag that has fold out panniers. Not big, but I can stuff some winter gear in the panniers and still have the expandable trunk bag itself. There are elastic cords with metal loops on the end that just slip over the bottom bracket on the rack. The bag itself attaches and detaches from the rack by clipping under the front of the rack, and a quick release that plugs into the rear of the rack. On and off in seconds, no velcro to worry about.

Topeak has a similar design. That probably works well too, I just like the sleek design of the Trek that tapers to fit under the seatpost.

The rest of our stuff is Jandd, their trunk bag is big BUT velcor attaches. We have a couple of their handlebar bags, the attachement system is great, just three nylon straps, quick connect to the bars, easy to remove when mounting a headlight. Bag lifts on and off the attachment. Much easier than one that is clamped to the bar and can be moved from bike to bike easily. DOWNSIDE on handlebar bags, they do tend to impact steering, not that it can't be overcome, but something to consider if you are going to put a lot of weight in them. I use mine to keep camera, cell hone, and maps handy for our longer rides.