View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 12:06 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Pity about the amount of white on it but a few rainy rides and it will soon tone down Incidentally- best cleaner to get the lustre back onto c.f. is furniture polish such as pledge.

My problem when I went C.F. is that my one likes to climb hills. Good job as I live in a hilly area- but it is literraly like that. You arrive at the bottom of a hill and suddenly you are at the top. Probably no faster but the effort involved to climb feels a lot less. Downside was that it took a while to get the bike sorted for descending. As much as I rate Aksiums over a stock wheel- they are stiff. That was where my problem came in. C.F. is not as supple as it is made out and and a stiff frame and stiff wheel made for a front end that bounced a bit. It was cured with experimentation on pressures and tyres but you probably would not have that problem.

Nice bike that is gaining in popularity so I think you will be pleased with your choice, Including the compact crank so don't worry about that point. You soon get used to the "wide" jump between the chainrings and use it to your advantage.

So wheres the full ride report? And the moan about the stock saddle?

Spike Milligan