View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 11:44 AM
RogerB

Bikes: Ridley Fenix Disc '15, Centurion Ironman '86, Raleigh Team '90, Bianchi Nyala '93

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziemas
They were good 18 months ago, and are still okay now, but there are some cheaper and brighter lights on the market now. Do you already have batteries and a charger? If so, which type of batteries do you have and what's your budget?
Original question was whether the L2D was still good. I guess I'm in the same boat as this thread is a couple years old and I want the best value. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Romisen RC-N3.

My current headlight is an ancient Cateye halogen with about 3 hrs runtime. It takes 4 AAs. I have a set of rechargeable AA's and I like them as they are readily available and reasonably priced. I was really thinking about a Planet Bike 2W until I found this thread.

My morning commute in darkness or twilight is only about 30 minutes, but I've started doing some training rides in the morning, as well, out into the country where it's darker and I start and finish before morning civil twilight.

The PB 2W is about $60 + shipping, I've found. Can I do better than that in output/runtime/price combo? Flashing mode would be a plus, but not a must-have.