View Single Post
Old 05-24-01, 07:44 AM
RainmanP
Mr. Cellophane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I watched it last night. It was heartbreaking to see. Perez was already starting to struggle a little, but he might have been able to hold on for the King of the Mountains jersey, his ambition since he started racing.

Since Dirtsqueezer has raised the question, I have been wondering, what about rear wheels from neutral service? Some riders have Campy Record 10-speed, some Shimano Dura Ace 9-speed. In Paris-Roubaix, a number of rear punctures were exchanged by neutral service. Do they have wheels with both kinds of cassettes and know what riders are using what? They seem to have the wheels there ready with no hesitation. They can't just slap on an incompatible cassette. And do they sort everything out at the end or do the wheels just keep rotating around as people need them?

Humorous aside: As we were watching the Giro coverage last night (well, I was watching), Rainbabe, who was reading, asked "How much longer is this on?"
I said, "Through June 10th."
To which she replied, "You mean you will be watching this every night until June 10th?"
"No, there are a couple of rest days, and tomorrow, there is one hour of another race, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, THEN the Giro coverage!"
Somehow that did not seem to excite her as much as it did me. Go figure.
Raymond

Last edited by RainmanP; 05-24-01 at 08:38 AM.