Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Machak was stolen

Machak ... my Marinoni Ciclo bicycle ... has been stolen. He was resting against the van Sunday night in the quiet little town where we were staying over the Easter weekend, and somewhere along about 11:30 pm, someone took him. We gave chase but lost them, spent most of the night searching, then filed an extensive police report, and spent the entire day on Monday, and Tuesday morning, searching. I am devastated.

The town has a population of 1000 people and their main industry is tourism because of a historic main street. Things like this "never" happen in this town. We're leaving it in the hands of the police officer here who is, so far, quite enthusiastic about finding Machak.

There will be an article in the local paper there, posters up everywhere made from some photos I sent them, and I think there has been a talk to the local community association about the fact that this sort of thing is bad for tourism, and therefore the whole community needs to do something to help me get my bicycle back.

I'm just praying Machak is found or returned or dropped off or something, and is still in good condition ... but I'd like him back even if he is badly damaged.

Meanwhile ... I had a 300K planned for this coming weekend, but now have no bicycle to ride it on. One has been offered on loan to me, but it may be too big ... we'll see. We're hunting for an inexpensive bicycle just so I have something to ride in the next few days or weeks.