Thread: Knee Replacment
View Single Post
Old 04-07-10, 09:19 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by nutcase
Oh I get it! I've already had 5 arthroscopic knee surgeries, and in 08 I broke off the right knee Tibia plateau (motorcycle), and have a nice L shaped plate and 6 large screws in that knee. I know about rehab and pain. I have 1mm of meniscus left on both knees and advanced arthritis in my left knee. It took me a year to be able to stand up on the pedals of my bicycle. I still have real problem positioning my right foot inside the toe clip. It hurts like hell. That was two years ago. I just don't know if I want to go through this again. The knee pain might be better (or not), and the after math of all that cutting, I know will leave nerve damage that also hurts like hell. I can tell you half of my right leg is numb, and parts of my leg not even near the insission area has nerve damage and pain. I can ride hilly terrain for 27 miles now. I rode thousands of staionary bike miles to get to this point. I'm pretty sure I need the TKR, but I'm not sure I want to give up what took me so long to get back. From what I've read you can eventually bike again, but just on level ground. That doesn't exist hear. It's a climb uphill right out of my driveway for a half mile.
Sorry if I touched a nerve. I meant well.

You can ride on hills with a knee replacement. You might need to do it seated, and get low gearing, but I understand it can be done.