Old 04-10-10, 07:53 AM
maxine

Bikes: Airborne Carpe Diem; Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoRacer
Harry, there's a very very slim chance I can make it--very slim.
Me as well -- normally it's kind of tough for me to take off work with no notice (and I didn't see this until after I left work on Friday), but I'm going to call my supervisor this weekend.

Interest seems to be picking up on the Facebook page invitation as welll. People are going to be joining in from different places and riding at different speeds, so I'd suggest that you pick a "gathering point" very near the end, at which everyone will pull up and wait until a certain designated time, at which time everyone will move out together and stay together, at the speed of the slowest, until you get to the State House. Maybe Jonas Green State Park, right before you cross the Severn River? (I've only been there on one occasion, a few years back when I was doing "bike SAG" duty for the MS Walk on the B&A Trail; I seem to recall that there was some minor traffic drama in either getting into or back out of the park and from/onto 450, so maybe that wouldn't be a great choice.) Isn't there a parking lot near the southern end of the B&A Trail?