Old 04-11-10, 11:34 PM
paulc13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Visitor to Las Vegas looking for good road biking trips

I'm someone who loves road biking, but doesn't typically have a lot of time to do it, so I squeeze in evening rides of about 50 km in about 2 hours after work at least once, sometime twice a week, in the relatively flat part of the country where I live.

I'm visiting Las Vegas for a trade show in a week, and booked myself 3 days off to relax afterwards. I'd like to rent a road bike and spend at least Saturday & Sunday touring around afterwards, perferably on bike friendly roads that aren't too heavily travelled with either a wide shoulder or a separate bike lane.

Is there anything like that anyone could recommend within an hour or two of Las Vegas?

And are there any reasonably priced cycling friendly accomodations that you could recommend in the area? I'm spending the week on the Strip and really would like to get away to somewhere more peaceful for the weekend.

The only suggestions for routes that I could find online was Red Rock Canyon - with a road bike rental from McGhies. Is there anything better than that or is that the ultimate in recreational road biking in the Las Vegas area?

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can provide.