Old 04-12-10, 09:57 AM
miamimike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is an Errand Service ?

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
an errand service? I never heard of such a thing. elaborate?
Errand/Concierge Service(s) are small businesses operating in most of your major US Cities that exist for people who cannot or do not have the time to do everything needed to do in their personal lives either by choice or lack of time. They do a lot of things for example like Bill paying, walking a Dog, running your stuff to a dry cleaner, waiting in line to purchase tickets ect. In my case of needing someone to check out this potential bike purchase, it was a last ditch effort at buying as the seller did NOT want to help me out by getting involved with taking the bike to a LBS in her area, taking it to a shipper ect. Her being a non eBay type of person(which I am) and not used to selling to out of towners, I belive she thought an out of town buyer was probably some type of scam artist and would only deal with a local buyer. I understand her caution so I took the Errand service route on this last purchase. The link I put up below is not a link to the Company I used but one of the first that showed up on a Google service I did. Not only was I impressed by the Service this company provided, it has given me an idea to start such a business myself as I see a need in my area and I already involved in a related type service myself . Google Errand Service and you'll get a ton of Hits.

http://www.myerrandservice.com/Personal.htm

Last edited by miamimike; 04-14-10 at 01:44 PM. Reason: correction