Old 04-14-10, 06:38 PM
nwmtnbkr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by morph999
Is the alarm very loud? I'm planning on buying 2 of them and probably putting them right below my seat.

Talking about this monitor
Morph,

I have the original CellLog 8S, which logs. I have no problems hearing the alarm in my house when charging (I have yet to discharge the cells low enough to trigger the LV alarm). The good news is that the CellLog comes with a wire that you can wire to a piezo buzzer and then plug into the unit to amplify the sound of the alarm. (Piezo buzzers are small and inexpensive and if you have a Radio Shack nearby, you can probably pick one up there.) If you have e-brakes, you can also wire the CellLog to perform LVC and not have to rely on the audible alarm. I love the CellLog--it's very versatile. One mod you will need to make to ensure that you don't get cells 7 and 8 out of syn is to solder a small copper wire on the board (the company is aware that with larger packs all power for the CellLog is drawn from cells 7 and 8 but they don't seem inclined to remedy this situation because the soldering fix for larger packs makes the unit not function with 2-cell packs). The copper wire that is soldered to fix the issue is circled in green. All kudos for this fix goes to SpeedEBikes over at Endless Sphere.