Old 04-16-10, 03:05 AM
PJIII

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Brand New Cyclone 3 pc chainwheel 650 watt TRIKE build w/ pics!!

This is my trike I just built. since Easter when I ordered the trike & 99% of all of the parts & some tools. I decided to do this build rather than buy it off the shelf for several reasons. The Gomier is belt drive & I worried about slippage. I have come to find that is not an issue---the belts have teeth & are carbon--not rubber. The Gomier is 24 volt & so is my build it is just that theirs is 450 watts & mine is 650 watts. Another thing is Gomier's is limited to 8 MPH & mine won't be although for saftety you don't drive a trike over 15 MPH. The gomier is also geared for one speed where as I will have a 6-speed rear cassette w/ a three chain-ring front crank-set w/ two for the rear for 12 speeds---the third ring is for the motor. The motor will mount on the seat-post on the rear side so it is out of the way & that keeps the motor chain behind the rider. Ok so the 24 V 650 watt Cyclone motor will be powered w/ a Cyclone controller & 4 33-amphr SLA batteries series/ parallel wired centered over the rear axle. For a battery case I am using a ready-made tool box 24" x 9" x 8"--it is neat---the batteries just fit & the box just fits---even red like the trike! I am using so much battery because I need the range that the Gomier does not have.

Some have questioned just how one can use a 3 Pc. chainwheel on an electric bike. It means being able to shift your front derailleur with the motor chain running on the chainwheel next to it & it does not seem that there would be room for two chains to pass & ordinarily I do not think there would be. However, in the case of a Cyclone 3 Pc. chainwheel kit there is a space created between the motor-driven chainwheel & the adjacent chainwheel by the freewheel. As far as the derailleur is concerned, due to the "space" it does not intrude into the path of the motor chain. The motor chainwheel is also the outside chainwheel with the the center & inside chainwheels being shift-able. The front derailleur has to have a span of at least 20 teeth ---the difference between the largest chainwheel tooth-count & the smallest. It also must have a range up to at least 44 teeth---the largest chainwheel & down to at least 24 teeth---the smallest chainwheel. Although it may appear that I mounted the motor so that the derailleur is centered between its chain that is not the case---I just want the motor out of the way--I could have mounted it any wher without chain interference.3-chainwheel-crank.jpg Below are a few pictures to help clarify the matters---note the gap between the two largest chainwheels.Trike chains.jpg

Cyclone 650 watt 24V trike000_0050..jpgBottom bracket ad&.jpg000_0051..jpg000_0055..jpg000_0053..jpg000_0052..jpg000_0054..jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
000_0047..jpg (100.5 KB, 16 views)
000_0046..jpg (100.7 KB, 15 views)
000_0048..jpg (102.5 KB, 17 views)
000_0045..jpg (99.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by PJIII; 04-16-10 at 03:10 AM. Reason: pictures