Old 04-15-05, 10:54 AM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
But what are the credentials of those 8 guys? If you are talking about the riders in your crit group they may just be natural born cyclists or regurgitating what they've read on some forum. Here you may get a few smatterings of good information mixed in with a plethora of misinformation and regurgitation. Have a little faith in that new coach you've hired. That's his job now. If he's decent your times and skills will improve consistently over time. If they don't or if there is a personality conflict, fire him and get another. That being said I still think you are attempting to do too much from reading your recent "Tempo Training ... Ride Lengths" thread. It sounds like you have a tendency to be compulsive about training and overtrain yourself as gleaned from an ealier thead.

Free information is worth exactly what you pay for it most of the time (unless it's from me! ). That's why I haven't started a "how do I improve my 50 mile time?" thread. You're still relatively new to cycling and you're young so there's plenty of time to get it right.

Another source I'd shy away from is www.bicycling.com or any of the bicycling print mags. They publish some downright hooey! I think they must be in it just to sell advertising space.
You are definitly right, expecially after what my body is saying this morning... time for a day off...

I do not know if being compulsive about training is the right term but I know where you are going. I go run these crits and get dropped and something tells me that if I train maybe a little more each week I will be there quicker. Of course I realize now that it is ust going to take time until I get to this level.

Thanks for all the comments.