Old 04-19-10, 06:54 PM
Fleabiscuit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Chewbacca Defense! Brilliant!

Thankfully there was a video of the incident or the results would have been much different. The cyclist would be the one on trial and the Nazi thug...er, I should say Police Officer would be receiving a medal for his "bravery". You wouldn't hear anything about it and the biker would have been charged and probably convicted of resisting arrest for trying to defend himself against the criminal cop. Long would wind up in jail or on probation and Patty Pogan would be a "hero".

Hearing this BS about Pogan being a "clueless rookie" and that his attack was warranted because the rider was "not wearing a helmet and riding erratically" is a total joke. He was so concerned about the guy's safety that he tried to kill him for not wearing a helmet? Sounds like a reasonable defense...

Pogan graduated from the academy so he was well trained and should have known that it's not okay to slam people to the ground for no reason and file a false report afterwards. The video clearly shows Pogan's attack was completely unprovoked. The cop is very fortunate the cyclist wasn't severely injured or killed, although if Long was killed I'm sure they would have "found" a gun on him or something to justify Pogan's actions.

Either way, I'm sure this cop will get off with a slap on the wrist for the attack. The false report will most likely land him in even bigger trouble. Thank God for cheap camera phones! I really hope this guy gets a free trip to the Greybar Hotel with complimentary orange bathrobe!

Last edited by Fleabiscuit; 04-19-10 at 06:58 PM.