Old 04-20-10, 06:09 PM
alanthealan
Avalokiteshvara

Bikes: LHT, Trek 930, Spot Longboard 9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well the Spot has gotten some trial miles in and the first race of the season.
I love this bike!

I changed the 34 front chain ring to a surly 32. These is the perfect combo for me and the grade for this area. One complaint I have is that when I changed the ring out I discovered the chain was already about worn out.

The remote lockout is finally working well after much tinkering. It took a while to get the spring tension correct so that the switch would spring into action.

The stem was way too high and made the bike handle like a penny farthing, so I cut it. I like the spot stem/spacer setup, but it was a pain to trim up, so I swapped it for traditional spacers and a Thomson.

I read negative reviews about the wheel set and brakes, but after a few adjustments and truings I haven't had any trouble with them.

I took the Spot to the Big bear classic, where I road the clydesdale class, and the bike handled very well. And survived the beating of a 250lbs crazed fatty.

The only other change I have planned is a Stans kit. I have flatted more than I ever have on this bike, so I am going to try out tubeless.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1412695_n.jpg

Last edited by alanthealan; 04-20-10 at 06:12 PM. Reason: grammer