Old 04-22-10, 09:10 AM
Glynis27
Spinning @ 33 RPM

Bikes: '89 Fuji Saratoga, '97 Schwinn Mesa SS, '07 Felt F1X, '10 Transition TransAM, '11 Soma Analog SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
I ride exactly the same route, through rural areas with almost no traffic, 45 minutes each way, 300 or so times a year, year in and year out. I like to have audiobooks to keep me busy. I mean, I like time alone to think, but not that much.

I do only use one earbud though. Personally I have to hit pause on my player whenever it's playing music and I'm doing anything that requires concentration, so I wouldn't play music at all while riding, but that's just me.

Interesting. I have no trouble with music, but would not be able to ride with an audiobook. I would either get to my destination and not remember a single word of the book or I would listen and ride around like a zombie.

I rarely listen to music on my ride, but sometimes I do. I always look behind myself about every 5 seconds, whether I am walking, riding, listening to music or not, so it doesn't make much of a difference. I do know some people who are only alive by some crazy coincidence. Wearing headphones does make them a bit worse.