View Single Post
Old 04-23-10, 12:11 PM
thompsonpost

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Last night I found myself in a situation I hadn't planned on, and was a bit torn between politeness and concern for public safety. I think I made the wrong choice, but that probably would have been the case no matter what I did.

There's an overlook at the top of Lake Washington Boulevard, with a bench, stone wall, garden, and a view of the lake with a neighboring city for a backdrop, and the mountains off at the horizon. I like the spot quite a bit, and only live a few miles away, so when I have time, I enjoy heading out this way, either as part of a longer ride, or for a bit of quick exercise after work.

I took a seat at the bench, enjoying the view and some bread and cheese, when a truck pulled up and parked. There's absolutely no parking here, so this already caught my attention. Two ladies jumped out, talking about the best view around ... one walked over to within a few feet of me, without actually seeing me sitting there, dropped her pants, and let loose. I turned away out of politeness, and heard a torrent of water that would put Niagra Falls to shame. The other lady had disappeared behind a bush for a moment.

The lady noticed me as she left, and said "... alcohol ..." after an awkward pause, in a "that explains everything" sort of way. Then she told her friend "That guy just watched me pee," both of them giggling. Then they got back in the truck and left, following a not-very-straight line. Clearly, the passenger wasn't the only one who'd had a lot to drink that night.

I didn't bring my cell phone with me on the ride, which I guess is mistake #1. Nor did I get their plates. So our story ends here.

What would you have done? Am I wrong to think the driver was almost certainly intoxicated, and didn't belong on the roads? In my shoes, would you have taken down the license plate numbers and called the police when you passed a phone? Or would you see that as jumping to histrionic conclusions and forcing yourself into other peoples' business? I'm sure I'll regret asking, but I've been wondering what I 'should' have done...?
Just curious, here. Is that the intersection at Madrona and Lk Washington Blvd?