Old 04-24-10, 01:13 PM
dumbass 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nwmtnbkr
Sorry to be responding so long after you posted the question, morph. I didn't see it until CowTowPeddler bumped the thread with his post. I bought my CellLog 8 from EPBuddy in the US. It was actually cheaper than ordering from Hobby King, once I added the postage charge from Hong Kong. Plus, I got my unit from EP Buddy in about 4 days. The original CellLog 8 that is capable of logging comes with a mini-USB cable so you can hook the CellLog 8 to your computer to download data about the cells of your battery under load, a pair of mini-alligator clips so you can measure the voltage of individual cells and a CD with LogView software and the CellLog manual. You have to buy the cable to connect the 8 cells. I ended up ordering a cable harness off e-bay for $13, with free shipping. It's gone up by a $1.50 and is now $14.50, but shipping is still free. http://cgi.ebay.com/Chargery-Power-D...item3ef9488a10 It is very well made and if you have an iCharger 208 or 110, you can use the banana plugs to connect to the charger. I cut off the banana plugs and wired an XLR chasis connector to be able to use my 3-stage, 24V smart charger.

I'm extremely happy with my CellLog. Not only does provide the functionality of a BMS, I can look at data of the cells under load in a variety of formats to determine the health of my battery pack. It's worth every penny.
I am hoping to mount a pair of the CellLog 8s on my handle bar so I would need really long wires because of this I would prefer to use lighter gauge wiring. I am thinking of something in the 22 gauge so I can run 16 wires without being very noticed. I know you like your cable system but for me I don't think it would work well unless I cut and patch wire into it. D oyou know of anywhere I can buy the connector ends with wire clips so I can make my own?