View Single Post
Old 04-16-05, 09:30 PM
naisme
Friend of Jimmy K

Bikes: A lot: Raliegh road bike, 3 fixed gears, 2 single speeds, 3 Cannondales, a couple of Schwinns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The clock is ticking

Okay the clock is slowly ticking away, and days are slipping past, the weather is getting better, and I am closer and closer to getting on the bike and taking off. So my question is, what did you do with all your stuff? The bills you have, or are going to have (I think of the cell phone and how the hell I'll pay for it while I'm on the road, unless Sprint is willing to sponsor the trip).
Everything I have is like someone else's junk. Stuff I collected in the alley, or a garage/yard sale. I am contemplating dumping a lot of it, but thought I'd at least try to make some ching off my junk. I have two retirement eggs that I'm not fully vested in to cash, a van I can sell, and then I'm vapor. I've talked to the landlord, and he's willing to take on the cat, and okay with my decision to leave at the end of May as that is the end of my lease. It's all coming together, even the job is weak, and if I time it right I'll be on the road before the fed realises it and gets its claws on my paycheck for garnishment.
So I'm busy with training for the ride, shaking out the bugs on the bike, the tent, the stove, the panniers, packing the bike, and getting practice miles with loaded panniers. I need to do more miles, lots more miles, but I'm working on it.
I get out on the bike and think about what you do with your stuff, and living in a tent, and the barest I can get by with on the bike, and cash in my pocket. I have my maps and and idea of where, but still sort of hesitate to jump. I may need a push. I better not say that cause I'll get one, and I hate when that happens.