Old 04-25-10, 07:13 PM
largefarva

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105; 2015 Felt V100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New member here...and yes, new to biking :)

Hello everyone, like the title says I'm new here and looking to get into light cycling (hoping to become more of an avid cyclist in the future).

My wife and I are both on the "hefty" side (me more so than her by a long shot....I'm right at 280lbs and 6'2" and my wife.....well that's confidential as in, I wouldn't dare ask her and if I somehow found out then yeah I'd have to be killed lol).

We're both wanting to get into cycling mainly for health reasons, to get into better shape, and of course to lose some weight.

So we've been looking at getting some Trek Navigator 3.0's....she could get away with a 2.0 but she would be too jealous of my blue 3.0 that she insists having one as well. lol I was told that with my size a 2.0 wouldn't be able to put up with the punishment...so for me a 3.0 it's going to be.

We will be riding on mostly bike trails which have a mix of paving along with dirt and a little loose gravel. We figured that a comfort bike would suite us the best, rather than a mountain bike or hybrid. Maybe some day we'll get into wanting to go longer distances at a faster pace...and then we might explore a faster more efficient hybrid bike, but for now we want to take it a little easier and enjoy the ride.

I was wondering if anyone here might any experience with the Navigator 3.0 and would be willing to share their thoughts of it. And of course any insight you all might have for beginners like my wife and I would be greatly appreciated.