zoste
VoodooChile

Bikes: Salsa Casseroll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevel610
I've committed to doing a Century on May 22nd. It will be around the scenic roads of Chester and Berks County PA. Leave from Phoenixville PA. Rolling Hills, beautiful scenery.

Support will be Mrs Stevel610 driving head and convenience store stops. Non-fat tire bikes recommend. I ride a 1985 Steel framed Schwinn so high tech not needed. 12-14 miles per hour. Let me know if you'd like to join me.

Steve
Steve, what's the farthest that you've ridden in the area? If you haven't done at least a metric on those rolling hills you might want to think twice about a century.

I had done the LCBC Covered Bridges metric a couple years ago and thought that I'd be good to go on a local metric. I was so badly cramped by those rollers that I had to be sagged after about 45 miles. The next spring, after spending 4 days a week with "Coach Troy" on the trainer I STILL had to opt for the shorter route on the SCU Quad County (and I had brought plenty of gels as well as real food at the rest stops). Those rolling hills are just killers if you haven't got the training riding them.

Plan on about ten hours, man, and good luck