Old 04-26-10, 01:44 PM
pueblonative

Bikes: Roadmaster 26 Men's Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Anybody who doubted that quality journalism was alive and well...

I like that the "newspaper" wouldn't have been surprised to see this crime spree from a Jew. Or an ugly person. All the hand-wringing over "a beautiful Christian woman" is a bit odd, to say the least.

The follow-up piece was decent as a celebrity/personality thing; it managed to fill some inches to separate the ads from one another. But how are the people she hit?
Let me postulate a theory: almost every newspaper I've seen builds up a "feature file". Those are stories about people and places that really aren't newsworthy but nice articles to use when say an article's short or you have nothing else going on. So it's 11:59 pm, they're putting the paper to bed and realize they are a bit short. Somebody realizes that, "hey we have a feature on this person, but it's still too short. Why don't we update the article a little bit and put it on through." So they grab the junior copy boy and tell him to segue the article from the news paper.
It doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it journalism, but I can understand a little.
As far as the Christian, hate to go racist, but check out where that incident happened. It's not exactly a majority region for skeptics and athiests.