View Single Post
Old 04-26-10, 10:28 PM
lucille

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My favourite ride! Cut across to Warden and ride north. Sorry, I'm not sure what the best route from your area to Warden would be, we go from Yonge. If we have less time, we take Viva bus north (from Finch Station, you can put bikes inside Viva bus where the wheelchair spots are, as long as nobody needs them), even as far as Newmarket, and cut across to Warden.

It's a great road, quiet just with local traffic, fields, horses and tons of cyclists (no amenities along the way though, none). Woodbine has better surface and shoulder, but it's a lot busier. Leslie is kind of busy too, and never feels like you're out of the city. But if you need a store, there are quite a few along the way.
We just go straight north until Warden runs out (at Baseline Rd, I think), then a quick left and a very quick right and straight all the way to the lake. Once you get to the lake, turn right and you'll go along the water, by some parks (and public bathrooms) to Jackson's point, where there's a convenience store, pub with OK food and Tim Horton's (that's all we found, I'm sure there's more). A little further on there's a Sibbald Point Provincial Park (nice way to get there is along Hedge Rd, have a look on Google Maps for Jackson's Point).

Enjoy! I love this ride!

Last edited by lucille; 04-26-10 at 10:35 PM.