Old 04-27-10, 08:29 PM
ATM1980

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
The big question to ask is, do they have a bike in your size? Do you know what size bike you need? If the bike you pick isn't your size (doesn't fit) you'll hate it.
If you don't know your size, stop by your local bike shop and ask for help determining your size.
I've only been lurking for a few days, but I've lurked enough to know that sizing is crucial. i believe they have several sizes. I'm guesstimating i'm either a 17.5 or 20.0 going by the chart on the specialized site - both of which they have in stock. I plan on test riding, regardless.

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Depedns on the Sirrus model. If I can get a new one for another $150, I do that rather than buy used. That's just the way I am though, and I aint got money.

$499
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/item/41737
I can understand and respect this point of view....though I look at it sort of differently. I could easily be satisfied riding a used bike and spending that $150 saved elsewhere. cosmetics and sentiment are not a huge deal to me. Plus, biking is not extremely high on my interests list (yet?). I guess the question at hand is...

Will there be a noticeable decrease in performance between a brand new bike and a bike with 200-5000 miles on it (assuming it's been well maintained)?

Last edited by ATM1980; 04-27-10 at 08:34 PM.