View Single Post
Old 04-28-10, 01:39 PM
cay22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First family tandem/triple

I am a newbie when it comes to multi person bikes. Last summer I rode with a tagalong bike and two in a trailer attached to the tagalong. This summer one of the trailer riders is ready to pedal so I am looking for something for us all. My kids are 6,4,2. I was looking at the Kidstandem Triple or the Bike Friday Triple. Both were about the same price 3-4 grand. I like the kids in front idea but I like that the BF Bike could be taken apart for transport to State Parks, etc. Money is a factor, it will be tricky to come up with the 3-4 grand but I would really like to try. Are these the best low cost options? I was thinking the 6 and 4 yr olds would pedal and the 2 yr old would be in a bike seat or trailer. It is a lot to spend on a bike (for me) so I want to make the best choice. Any input would be helpful! 99% or the riding would just be around town. No moutain biking or major off road, just some dirt roads. Also is there any way to take a triple on a roof top carrier? I have a minivan so it is pretty long?
Thanks,
Kate!