Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by TomM
In a previous life I was a fast food junky. Over the past 2 years I have been weaning myself from it and today it occurred to me that I haven't been through a drive-through in at least 8 months. For me, eating fast food wasn't about the taste or quality of the stuff. It was just too easy to drive the car to the speaker and order a large #1, cheese, no mayo and coke. Nowadays the thought doesn't even cross my mind to visit the drive through.

Anybody else have a similar experience?
I don't think I'll ever be completely fast food free. I have cut back on coke's/soft drinks though. Even though I only drank the diet ones I'm still much better off drinking water. I bought a Brita water pitcher at a garage sale a while back for $3 that had 2 new filters with it and I've been hooked ever since.

I've also cut way back on beer. Had quite a bit last weekend with a few friends but prior to that it had been about 5 months since I last drank beer. I used to be a twice a week beer drinker and never touched the hard stuff unless somebody at the bar was buying shots or something. Actually thought I might have a problem with it at one point as I had cravings and generally when I got started I didn't want to stop. Could be related to my sugar problem though. Going out and having 2 beers just didn't appeal to me. Had to have several. It's been about 3 years now since I've cut back drastically on the beer. I still enjoy going out and whooping it up occasionally but gone (hopefully) are the 2 day a week binges.

Now if I can only conquer donuts! There's a great bakery here in Indianapolis called Long's Bakery. Some nights it calls my name. Everything they have is pretty terrific except for the brownies - not enough pot! Sam's Club has some pretty decent brownies though.

Fast foods though? I've cut back from a few years ago but don't eat enough of them now for them to be a real problem. That doesn't mean that my diet is perfected, but I don't hit the fast food joints more than twice a week total. Come to think of it, I just got some McDonald's coupons in the mail. May have to check out those 2 for 1 deals.