Old 04-30-10, 04:45 PM
funrover 

Bikes: Mostly schwinn... few classics

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
Hey, funrover, cool pictures. I live in the neighborhood right next to Waterton Canyon, just over the river bridge, and we ride the canyon a lot. I'm glad y'all enjoyed the ride. We also ride the easy single track in Chatfield a lot, and we usually see a large herd of elk that stay back in those woods a lot. PM me next time you guys are headed to my neck of the woods; I'd love to ride the canyon with you.

Last year, we went past the dam at the top of the canyon and rode some of the single track leading to the Colorado trail. A buddy of mine slipped on some ice (this was in February) and broke his hip. We had to hike down to the ranger's house at the dam and get him to drive us out with my buddy lying in the back of his truck. The ranger (actually not a ranger but a Denver Water engineer) was a heck of a nice guy, and we usually see him now on our canyon rides and stop to talk to him. He has some great wildlife stories from living back there.

I would love to live there!! I wish. I like to do the Roxy loop and Indian Creek up that way. make for great rides. Next time I know I will be going that way I will PM you