Old 05-01-10, 12:20 AM
michelinmike

Bikes: 1987 Schwinn Super Sport/ Made In Japan /Tange Champion Tubing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're riding the Pinellas Trail, a word of advice--there's no water stops along the way as there are on the Suncoast Trail and the Upper Tampa Bay Trail, both on the Tampa side of the Bay, so carry lots of fluid or be prepared to make stops at gas stations and convenience stores and restaurants off the trail. Last time I rode the Pinellas from Dunedin all the way down to its southernmost terminus at the downtown yacht club in St Pete I killed a pair of Michelin Krylions due to pinched tube blowouts coming down off those nasty concrete bridges that never seem to mesh smoothly with the trail pavement where the concrete of the bridge ends and the trail recommences. All my replacement tubes blew when I installed them on the road so I had to ride the bike on the deflated tires. I have since upgraded my repair kit and it includes CO2 cartridges and brand new unpatched tubes. Also riding on Conti Gatorskins which have been much stronger than the Krylions however I am also riding the Suncoast and the UTB Trails exclusively as they are much less damaging on the bike. It would take a very good looking lady cyclist to get me back out on the Pinellas!