View Single Post
Old 05-01-10, 12:18 PM
Carcinogent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a proud Brompton M3L owner so this might be a little biased opinion. However, as far as convenience, especially folding the Brompton is unbeaten. You want a FOLDING bike, not an abomination that resists everytime you try to make it compact, doesn't stand on its own, can't be rolled, etc. Trust me I see a LOT of these everyday at the train station. Also while still on the abomination topic I would stay away from the 6 speed option. In order to change 1 gear you need to operate TWO shifters. The standard ratio 3 speed is bulletproof and has enough range to climb or crank it up. The two speed is also something to look into and it would save you almost a kilogram (~2.2lbs), i keep doubting whether I should have ordered a 2 speed in the first place, but i am a tinkerer and a recent Sturmey Archer enthusiast. As far as the ride quality goes, at first it feels twitchy, however, it is just because you are probably used to normal handlebars. In the Bromton case, twitchy=responsive. Also since you re more used to the road bike feeling, you might wanna look into ordering an s-type, it would be even more responsive. All of the above being said I have never ridden a Bike Friday so I can't compare it. Another plus of the Brompton: it is fully customizable, especially colors (if you are willing to wait the 12 weeks build/delivery time); at the end though you will not be disappointed.

-Carcinogent