View Single Post
Old 04-18-05, 06:50 AM
Waldo
Zippy Engineer

Bikes: Bianchi 928, Bianchi Pista Concept 2004, Surly Steamroller, 1998 Schwinn Factory Team Homegrown, 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory, 2000 Schwinn Panther, Niner EMD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rev.Chuck
Well since mention of an LBS, good or bad, usually spawns a "I hate the LBS" rantathon from the eight guys that hate the LBS and everytime someone asks where they can get a part a bunch of people chime in about Nashbar giving them away free wrapped in twenties, don't see a staggering benefit for the LBS. I have sent a lot of customers to this forum however, and I have had people from the forum stop by and visit when they were in Raleigh.
The weird thing is that I don't see such sentiments repeated nearly so frequently on other boards...I don't know if mods get rid of it or if it's just a lack of certain members there.
The other thing that I've noticed is that people on here will refer others to mail order sites for stuff that's not going to be any cheaper online (e.g. random little small parts any LBS has) but they're willing to pay for shipping and wait.
At least you're getting some visitors. I've had maybe 3 or 4 through the site.