Old 05-01-10, 07:23 PM
009jim

Bikes: Giant CRX3, Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
deluded cyclists??

Can anyone put some light on this situation I found myself in. It was a few months ago. I'm a commuter cyclist. Every day, rain or shine, I love my ride to work. I also occasionally go out socially with friends. However, in my little car one day I was driving to the university for a swim and there was a cyclist in front of me riding in the middle of the road. I wondered what to do and figured he had some sort of anti-social problem. I pulled out very wide and passed him (plenty of clearance). After I passed him I moved to the correct side of the road, which still left him ample room. Then I came to a speed bump and slowed down to go over it. The cyclist came up behind me and started screaming "f**k, f**k, f**k". Now, I didn't brake suddenly as I knew the dude was there somewhere, also there was a heap of room if this dude had wanted to go past me (but no - he couldn't ride in the middle of the road any more). So what was the dude's problem. Did he think he was someone real special and no-one was allowed to pass him? Did he consider himself owner of that road? I couldn't work it out. Now last week, I was driving nowhere near the university and there was a cyclist in the middle of the road in front of me. I noticed this dude had on "University of Queensland" on his knickers. Are these university cyclists in some deluded state of mind?