Old 05-03-10, 10:34 AM
enine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe

I don't like Quicktime either, but Quicktime is not what's making the video crappy. It's a crappy camera putting its video into Quicktime. My Canon DSLR is outputting h.264 HD video in Quicktime, and it looks absolutely incredible.\.
Except that I'm comparing equivalent (price/size/features/MP/etc) models of cameras and the ones that record quicktime all product crap video. Maybe Apple has different licensing for it so the DSLR's can license a better transocder but I've yet to see a decent quicktime movie on a P&S and any other format comes out decent. Thats not even taking in to account if you try to instal quicktime on a windows pc and get all the other crap forced along with it now.

Most people would say it doesn't matter, I'm buying a P&S for pictures not video, but it seems that most of the time when you want to catch somehting on video the P&S is the one handy. Our Nikon lived in our diaper bag so it was always with us until I got my new cell phone which takes much better videos the nikon is now sitting unused.