Old 05-03-10, 01:54 PM
riderInTheDark

Bikes: Gary Fisher Suger 2+

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexw
Ok, I read this thread twice and my head is spinning with so many options. I'm looking for a light, a set really for head and tail, for early AM riding... I have a ton of Ni-MH rechargables in AA and AAA, but no Li ion. I don't have any mounts, so I need those two, and would like to keep everything around the $60 range, but care about safety and function and so an somewhat flexible (but not Dionette flexible).

I think the Blackburn Mars 4.0 seems like a good way to go for the tail, but I haven't been able to figure out what to do up front. Please help, because I can't figure out all the choices from this thread.

Thanks in advance!!

***EDIT
I realized I left off the part about not wanting an external battery pack...I am hoping to have the lights mounted on the bike and self-contained with rechargeables.
I was facing a similar issue and in the end decided to go for the Uniquefire S10 Cree R2-WC 6-Mode 220-Lumen. I like the idea it is using a single AA (I use GP 2300 NiMH 2300mAh) and no battery pack because I have plenty of those. As I already have a handlebar LED I wanted something I could mount on my helmet. After some time of failing to find something suitable for me, I thought I should craft something myself that would be cheap, practical and sturdy.

If you would like to see what I came up with, try here.

I thought I would add this photo just to give you an idea

Let me know if you decided to make your own. It is easy and fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LED_attachment_ei&#.jpg (81.4 KB, 646 views)

Last edited by riderInTheDark; 05-29-10 at 07:29 AM.