Old 05-04-10, 05:23 PM
Mr IGH
afraid of whales

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bikinfool
Huh? Just dial the pads in like in the setup instructions. You knock your calipers on rocks a lot? The CPS washers don't always get everything nice and parallel alone, but that's what they're there for; I still wouldn't use the squeeze the lever method on the BB7s...how do you set your inboard pad for this "method"?
Gee, Dude, you make things hard. If the pads aren't parallel, they squeal like a pig until the rotors grind them parallel. While they're getting ground down, there's less sweep area and braking suffers. If you're riding home on a paved rode in the sun, it's not an issue, ignore what I posted and go on your happy way. Yes, between my two sons and myself, we do have rock strikes on our frt calipers, it does happen often enough to need a solution. We also use up pads, sorry, perhaps we're riding too hard for you...I make sure the pad's are not stuck at the limit, after making the pads parallel, then I tweak the clearence.

Originally Posted by bikinfool
Squealing is more likely...you didn't get the pads setup as well (square to the rotor essentially) as you think...