View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 06:29 AM
devartt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JerryTheSpinner
I just got home from my commute . The battery gage shows half empty. However, when I go to charge the battery it goes from yellow to green in only 5 seconds. When I check the battery gage it shows half empty. For some reason the battery charger thinks the battery is charged even though it is half empty.
I've occasionally had the same problem. Just last week I charged my half dead pl350 for the weekend only to discover that when I took it out, it was still only half charged.

When I got it home, I plugged in the charger and it indeed almost immediately went green. I turned it off, waited a couple of seconds and turned it back on, It went yellow, indicating a charge state. I watched it for a minute to be sure it stayed yellow and it of course did.

Because you are using a smart charger, you might try this a couple of times as I think the charger is just a cheapo charger that is not properly sensing the battery state. It could be the electronics in the battery too but...

Now after the charge, I turn the controller on to verify that the battery is indeed charged.