View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 07:56 AM
devartt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by martybucs
I researched a lot of e bike kits and went with the Bionx. I test rode their OHM bike and decided to put a kit on mine and my wife's bikes. I called the "smaller retailers" in my area, (near Philadelphia), and some didn't seem to know they were retailers and others said, "well, we haven't done many, but I guess we could put one on, but it takes months to get a kit". Not very inspiring.

Finally found Bob's Bikes in Poolesville, MD, (kind of far away), and Bob was most knowledgeable, let us test ride his OHM. We ordered them from him and it did take a few months, but he installed them for no extra charge.

I would be sad if this adversely affects Bob's Bikes, but I don't think the rest of the dealers in the area would notice.

Recently a couple of e bike stores have opened in the area, but they just sell those cheap Chinese bikes.
Try the bike shop in Mount Airy, MD (Mt Airy Bicycle Company bike123.com). I got my BionX powered Catrike from them. I bought it off the floor, but they say they can have one in a week.